Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dear Family,

The news just came in about transfers.  Everyone tries to guess what's going to happen, but, at the end of the day, it's always a bit of a surprise.  I'm shifting to Kota Kinabalu, which is in Sabah! (East Malaysia).  I'm really excited.  This is one of the most coveted areas for Bahasa speakers because it's known to have the 'purest' bahasa.  We'll see how my KL bahasa survives up there >.<  So I misunderstood President on the phone, but I just got the transfer email so apparently I'm still a Zone Leader, but in KK.  I'm going to miss KL a lot.  I can't believe it's been just about a year since I came here.  I know just about every strong member in all the branches, have been to every tourist attraction on Pdays (multiple times, unfortunately), and know how to get around anywhere here.  It's sad to be leaving all the people here, whether it's missionaries, investigators, or members.  They have all been such good examples to me.  Kota Kinabalu (KK as it's known here) is going to be a lot different than KL, so I kind of feel like I'm going into a greenie situation.  It's also unfortunate that I'm leaving right before Christmas.  Hopefully it will be nice in KK.

****no one can concentrate on emailing because everyone is talking transfers****

We had a really cool week- culminating in the baptism of Deborah.  It's was so cool.  We sang the opening and closing hymns in indonesian, which was a lot of fun, but she was adamant on having the service in English.  There was a big turn out from the branch, and members of other branches too.  I got one of those 24 hour flu things yesterday, and was struggling, but ended up having a fantastic day.  

***** I've been on the computer for 30 minutes and this is all I've written- transfers are so distracting*****

We had MLC this week- which was soooo good.  One of the few reasons why I am glad to still be a zone leader is that I will be able to attend more MLCs.  President and Sister Mains prepared a thanksgiving meal for us, which was really nice.  We talked a lot about how, as leaders, the difficult part is not managing, but trying to inspire those around us.  Apparently I still haven't learned my lesson about that haha.  I think President Mains is such a good example of doing both extremely well.  

how about if you have any questions just email me and I will respond.
Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment